Monday, May 21, 2012

Mack - Winfield Scott Stratton


Stamp of the Myron Stratton Home Designed by Mack

Winfield Scott Stratton
Written by Maddaxx

Do you know who built the Myron Stratton Home? General Palmer was a great man, but I think Winfield Scott Stratton was the best! Winfield Scott Stratton had an interesting life, was important to Colorado Springs, and there are thousands of things we have both in common and different.
To start, Winfield Scott Stratton had an amazing background. He was born on July 14, 1842 and died on September 14, 1902. He was born at Jefferson, Indiana and worked as a great carpenter.    
After that, Winfield Scott Stratton was amazingly important to Colorado Springs, CO. He made the Myron Stratton Home for people that were homeless or had no parents. He also gave money to people for shelter, food, and water after the Cripple Creek fire that was enormous not tiny.    
Also, Winfield Scott Stratton and I had some things in common and different. He and I are the same because if I had millions of dollars, I would give some to people if they don’t have any. We are different, for he liked to build things I also like to do that but not like him because he built the Myron Stratton Home and that is a neighborhood.    
Surely, even though Zebulon Pike helped in history, I still think Winfield Scott Stratton is the best! It is clear that he had an exciting life, was important to Colorado Springs, and we were the same and different in many ways. I hope the next time you are talking to somebody about history, then I hope you talk about the amazing Winfield Scott Stratton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment