Monday, May 21, 2012

Emily - Spencer Penrose


Stamp Designed by Emily

Spencer Penrose
Written by Emily

        Have you ever wondered who built the Broadmoor? Even though different people like different interesting people in the past, Spencer Penrose is my favorite. Spencer Penrose had an interesting life, was important to Colorado Springs, and there are some things that are different between us.
        As starters, Spencer Penrose had a fantastic background. He was born on Nov. 2, 1939. He was also married to Julie Penrose. Spencer arrived in Colorado to join his fellow friends. He was involved in a host of ground-breaking projects.
        Additionally, Spencer Penrose was extremely important to Colorado Springs past. He built the Broadmoor Hotel in 1918. Spencer also built the beautiful Pikes Peak. Spencer Penrose built the Cheyenne Mountain Auto Highway, too. Spencer built the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo also.
        Last but not least, Spencer Penrose and I have some things that are different between us. He had a pet bear and I don’t! Spencer moved to Colorado Springs when he was an adult and I’ve been in Colorado my whole entire life. He had to move to places by horse or wagon and I move to places by car or plane. Spencer went to school at a different place, and I went to Oak Creek.
        As you can see, William Wilcox is a great person, but I think Spencer Penrose is the best. It is clear that Spencer Penrose had a wonderful life, was important to Colorado Springs, and there were some things that were different between us. I told you some big facts about Spencer Penrose, but there are a lot more facts online!

No comments:

Post a Comment