Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jeremy - Zebulon Pike

Postage Stamp Created by Jeremy

Zebulon Pike
Written by Jeremy
Do you know who found Pikes Peak? Although I have a lot of people I want to learn about, I picked Zebulon Pike. Zebulon Pike had an interesting life, was important to Colorado Springs, and there are some things that are different and also the same about him and me.  
To start, Zebulon Pike had an interesting background. He was born on Jan. 5, 1779. He had a wife and a girl. His career was working as military. He died on April 1813. He died at the age of 34 because someone was mean and shot him.
Also, Zebulon Pike was extremely important to Colorado Springs. He found Pikes Peak while on a mission. Zebulon Pike tried to climb Pikes Peak to find it. That’s how the mountain got its name.
Zebulon Pike and I are kind of different and the same by an inch. I didn’t find Pikes Peak, but we both went to school. Zebulon Pike fought in the war, but I did not. We both are kind, and he is bigger and older than me.
Truly, Helen Hunt Jackson is interesting, but Zebulon Pike is more interesting than her. It is clear that Zebulon had an exciting life, was important to Colorado Springs, and we had some things in common but some things the same back then. Can you image what Colorado Springs would look like if Zebulon Pike didn’t find Pikes Peak?

No comments:

Post a Comment